Sunday, December 27, 2009

A moment of clarity... and motivation...

So it is the day after Christmas and I am so excited! I am walking through Wal-mart, delighting in their piles upon piles of post Christmas let-down sale items. Mom is coming to stay with me in February and we are celebrating Christmas then so I am just now going into full decorate for Christmas mode. And I'm not paying full price! Cha-ching! I'm so clever!
I have been eating well and have lost 30 pounds! huzzah! So proud of myself. I am starting to feel a big difference. The Gym is helping a lot. I feel stronger. I know I have a long way to go, but I feel as though I am starting to set a pace. Starting to feel comfortable with the changes I am making.
Anyway, while I was parousing sale items, some man walked past me, stopped and turned around. He handed me his business card and said, "I just thought I would give you this. Call me when you are ready."
I was very confused as he walked away and then I looked at the card...
He was a surgeon at a medical weight loss clinic.
Are you kidding me??

I am going to do this. Myself. The healthy way. No pills or fads or diets or magical cure alls. I am going to do this with HARD work and dedication and discipline. Something I never really thought that I had.
Its important to me to feel like I can do this. and I am more and more sure of that feeling every single time I walk through the doors of the gym.
 I refuse to believe that the only way to change my life is by being cut open! I am NOT that hopeless or helpless. I cannot believe how many medical professionals just toss gastric bypass and lapbands ou there like it will change your life. NO IT WONT! It will change your stomach. Only you can change your life. People eat the weight back on after surgery ALL THE TIME. And it is scary what that does to your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment